Monday 16 November 2009

VMWare server problems

This was an odd one. It may be vmware, it may be Gentoo or a combination..

VMware server wasn't working. So I tried reconfiguring from scratch but go this:

emerge vmware-server --config


Configuring pkg...

* Running /opt/vmware/server/bin/vmware-config.pl
Making sure services for VMware Server are stopped.

* WARNING: vmware is already stopped
Unable to stop services for VMware Server

Execution aborted.

Well yes, it's already stopped so why error when you're trying to stop it..duh...

Simple solution after some digging through the vmware-config.pl script..

./vmware-config.pl skip-stop-start

and I could configure it up again and we were away.





No comments:

Gentoo grub-probe not working

 I have a bunch of history commands I run when I d a new kernel etc and one stopped working. grub-mkconfig would fail with grub-probe for /....