Thursday 13 December 2018

CS:GO on Linux not starting

Valve, for a company that supposedly loves Linux your support is terrible. I got pointed to a community forum for support when logging this with them. To top it off I paid for it a week before they made it free. Grr..

So I could get CS:GO to launch sometimes so it did work but rarely.

After some pretty extreme testing it seems you need to slow it down when launching.

I found sometime just alt tabbing repeatedly was enough but that was hard to replicate.

Ready for the most stupid work around ever?

Are you sitting down for this one?

I run Gentoo Linux so everything is compiled from scratch. You can see where this is going..

I start compiling something.  Mesa is my usual goto.  Once this is compiling it slows down the launch of CSGO enough that it works.

This is just insane. I tried changing versions of libraries, dependencies etc but none of this mattered just making the system loaded while launching works.


Edit:  turns out you can avoid all this by adding the -nojoy option in the command line options.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you hear there is a 12 word phrase you can communicate to your crush... that will induce deep emotions of love and instinctual attractiveness for you deep inside his chest?

That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, look after and guard you with all his heart...

12 Words That Fuel A Man's Love Response

This impulse is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will drive him to try harder than ever before to build your relationship stronger.

Matter-of-fact, fueling this dominant impulse is so mandatory to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that once you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

...You'll instantly find him expose his mind and soul to you in a way he's never expressed before and he'll perceive you as the one and only woman in the universe who has ever truly attracted him.

Gentoo grub-probe not working

 I have a bunch of history commands I run when I d a new kernel etc and one stopped working. grub-mkconfig would fail with grub-probe for /....